Saturday, December 10, 2011

Art critisism

1. Which projects did you review? I reviewed almost all the student's projects when one caught my eye. I reviewed Stephanie Mongeilo's Project, Color Beyond Paint.
2. Why did you select the Exhibit you critiqued? I selected the Exhibit because it was very organized and I love bright colors. The first five slides were bright and colorful and the exhibit was focused on color. It seemed interesting and I moved on from there.
3. What challenges did you face in writing the critique article and how did you overcome them? I had a hard time starting the article after reading and reviewing all of her slides. I didn't know whether I should act if I am in the exhibit or directly talk about her slides.
4. How do you feel about critiquing your peers work? I like critiquing peer's work because we are on the same level in this class and have learned the same material from this class. Critiquing is also meant to help the person in gaining knowledge and insights on the future, rather than bashing them.
5. Would you like to read the critique your peers wrote about your Art Curation Project? I would most definitely like to read the critique my peers wrote for my project so I can know what I excelled in as well as any mistakes I made that I did not notice.
6. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your finished article and why? I rate my article a 9 because I really put time and effort into this criticism. Critiquing is really important because it not only affects you, but it can affect others. I wrote my article following all the rules and guidelines. I also included the five steps of Art Criticism to my article and more.
7. Did you enjoy working on this project? I enjoyed working on this project because there was freedom for creativity and open mindedness. There was also the chance to view others artwork to open your imagination of being an art critic.

No comments:

Post a Comment