Sunday, December 11, 2011

Self Portrait


 This is an active link to my slideshow on photobucket of my images:

1. Why did you select the inspiration pieces? I selected these inspirational pieces because they were unique. They didn’t look like a photograph and looked more like a painting. I knew I could not create an exact image of myself so I chose pieces that were a little altered of what the artists really look like.
2. Why did you select the media to create your self-portrait? I selected pencil because it is easy for me to control. It creates value and can provide emphasis on certain areas.
3. What challenges did you face in creating your self-portrait and how did you overcome them? I was unable to get the affects from pencil that the inspirational pieces did with paint. However, I used my pencil like they used their brush strokes and I did small lines to create the face portion.
4. How does this piece represent you? This piece represents me because I drew myself with a big smile, sheer necklace, long hair, and a salon t shirt. I like to stay positive with a big smile, and I am a Hairstylist which is represented in the necklace and shirt. I also love long hair so I emphasized it in the portrait.
5. What elements and principles of art did you apply in this work? I created value among the light and dark of the portrait and also shaded many spots so they would blend. I used emphasis for the hair and necklace so it could stand out. I also used line and shape to create my picture. It has a sense of balance and space in the picture as well.
6. Did you enjoy working on this project? I enjoyed working on this project but drawing myself was a bit difficult. However, I created many sketched and then did my final work.
7. What do you think of your final artwork? I think my final work was successful. I tried doing an abstract self portrait, however, I could not make it look like a self portrait so I decided to do a realistic looking portrait as well as I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment