Sunday, October 9, 2011

Installation Project

Step 3: Reflect
A. What is installation art? Installation art is a three dimensional artwork that is usually is site specific and transforms the perception of the space it occupies.
B. What materials are used installation art? Almost any material or media can be incorporated into an installation piece. It may be permanent or short term, however, any materials that occupy space can be part of this artwork.
C. Why make installation art? Installation art can be used for architectural purposes or simply aesthetically pleasing. Artists create this type of art to inform, persuade, or to entertain. Some artists like to send a message to the viewer through the art. 

D. Which artist/installation did I find most interesting? I honestly love the work of Sol Lewitt in the Albright Knox. I was fascinated by the scribbling installation art he created. I feel touched by his artwork just by looking at it. The concept and the way the installation fills the room is very interesting. However, in the book Yayoi Kusama’s work was very interesting to look at.


Step 4: Plan
A. From the material reviewed, is there a inspiration piece that I feel a connection with? There was not a specific piece I felt a connection with, however, they were all unique and creative.
 D. Where will this installation be located and why?
This installation will be located in my bedroom showing some of my electronics to show the need for technology in society today.

At first I was very confused on how to create an installation. After watching videos, looking at examples, and reading the text, I was capable of figuring out how to occupy space with the materials I have around me. I kept thinking of something that everyone does every day no matter who is it. I then realized that every person checks to see what time it is. They use multiple devices to check the time and try to occupy my space using the concept of time and technology dependence. I made the installation in a bedroom setting on a nightstand because it is common to a variety of people. People are able to relate to my installation which sometimes captures more attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment