Saturday, October 1, 2011

Logo Design

1. Discuss what you thought about creating your logo. Creating a logo makes you think more deeply about yourself. You have to think about what you like to do, what your passions are, and what you are made of. With designing a logo, you can’t be too obvious and detailed about what you’re trying to express. I enjoyed drawing, even though I am not the best at drawing.
2. Describe the process: creative thinking skills and ideas you used in the logo creation. At first I started with what I do for work which is also one of my passions. I have been a hairdresser for four years now and wanted to express that through my logo. My first sketch was just a pair of scissors with hair running through it. I thought that was too vague and wasn’t very creative. My second sketch I incorporated the scissors with one of the thumb holes as a daisy. The daisy describes my gentle dainty personality. My third sketch was focusing more on a human and scissors being combined together in one simple sketch. I wanted to bring both the girl and scissors into the image showing my passion. However one of my favorite things to do is go to the beach. Therefore my fourth and fifth sketch was combining my passion for doing hair and the beach. The fourth sketch is a pair of sheers with one of the blades forming into a palm tree and the thumb hole is a sun. I love tropical places. My fifth sketch was another pair of sheers with the thumb hole being the sun again and this time the blade was a surf board and a wave coming from the back. I realized since I don’t surf I was going to stick to the fourth sketch and start simplifying it into more of a logo form.
3. What was the most important discovery you made in the creation of your logo? I discovered that creating a logo was very difficult. It was hard to simplify the designs into images and combining my images into one piece of art.
4. What is the most important information you learned from watching the videos, PowerPoint, and reading material for this project? What is your opinion of the videos? The videos and other material were really helpful. It really took you through the steps and process of how to design a logo. It helped me realize that I should not be discouraged when it takes time to come up with the right concept. In the videos, the narrators were monotone and were hard to follow in some parts, however I thought the process to repackage and redesign the squeezy bottle was very interesting. There are a ton of steps that need to be taken in order to create anything that involves designing.



http://s1111.photobucket.com/albums/h475/bolibral01/aed200/LOGO/?albumview=slideshow

No comments:

Post a Comment